Sup Yoga consists of a yoga class on a stand up paddle board in the sea, in which we combine the two sports in an unbeatable environment; of sea and nature, which will provide us with feelings of well-being and maximum disconnection.
During the Sup Yoga class we will work our muscles, coordination, strength, postural correction and body-mind balance.
We carry out this activity together with the professionals of Victoria Niven Yoga, in order to offer you the best possible experience.
- The class lasts 60 minutes and we start with a Surya Namaskar (Sun salutation) on the shore of the beach.
- Once in the sea in you SUP, we will carry out a yoga sequence adapted to your level and experience in yoga.
- We will finish with Savasana (relaxation) enjoying the smooth movement of the sea.
Do I need previous experience to do Sup Yoga?
You don’t need to have experience in yoga, Sup or Sup Yoga, we will adapt the class to your level and needs.
What are the contraindications?
There are no contradictions. Anyway do not hesitate to communicate to the teacher your concerns or if you have any pain or injury.
What kind of poses (asanas) can I practice on the paddle board?
You can practice all the yoga poses that you have practiced on your mat. Some asanas will have slight modifications to prioritize their balance. Standing, balancing, twisting and inverting positions are usually the most complex on the board. We will also practice backward extensions, forward extensions, lateral and abdominal yoga poses.
Is there a minimum of participants?
To do the class there must be a minimum of 4 people. Once you book your class, we are in charge of the organization of the whole group. In case we don’t have a minimum of 4 people, the class can be change to another time and/or day.
What benefits does Sup Yoga have?
The benefits of yoga are several such as the development of physical and mental strength and flexibility, as well as reducing anxiety and stress, balances the nervous system, develops physical-mental and emotional balance, among others.
By bringing the practice of yoga on the paddle board we have also observed the following additional benefits:
- Intensify work on our balance.
- Engaging the muscles in order to hold the posture without falling off the paddle board.
- We learn to trust in our body, our abilities and the environment in which we are.
- The concentration that this practice requires relaxes our mind, allows us to put aside our worries, creating a mindfulness moment.
If you would like to have more information about our Yoga teacher and her methodology please feel free to visit her website: Victoria Niven Yoga.
Duration: 1 hour.
Minimum age: 12 years.
Dates: From April to October.
Schedule: Saturdays from 8:30 to 9:30. Other schedules to be agreed.
Price: 1 lesson 25 €/pax, 5 lessons 112,5 €/pax.
- Equipment rent.
- Locker room and space for personal belongings.
- Thermal or lycra T-shirt that can get wet.
- Swimsuit or pants that can get wet.
- Change of clothes and towel to use after the activity.
- If you wear glasses, a strap so you don’t lose them.
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, cap and water.